Thursday 12 February 2009

Coming up soon

Hi folks.

Just a quick post to say that I will be posting some more blog articles over the next week or so. Next week sees the annual fun and games of the Brit Awards and over the weekend I will be casting my eye over this year's nominees and trying to pick the wheat from the chafe. I will be predicting who I think will win each award, as well as saying who I would vote for if I had the choice. Leading the way will be Duffy and Coldplay, who are each up for 4 awards, while extraordinarily, Scouting For Girls are nominated for 3. Not so good for those stalwarts of Britpop, Oasis, however, as despite the release of "Dig Out Your Soul" last summer, they have accrued no nominations. Somehow I can't imagine the Brothers Gallagher losing too much sleep over this snub.

I will also be writing a couple of sports related pieces in the near future. The managerial merry go-round in football is quite a topical issue at the moment and I will be looking to cover this in more detail. For the Brighton & Hove Albion supporters among my blogging brethren, of which I know there are a few, I will talk about the Seagulls' prospects of surviving in League One come the end of the season and whether Micky Adams is the right man to take Brighton forward and to lead them out at the Falmer Stadium, as was Dick Knight's vision. In addition to this, I will talk about England's current cricketing malaise and discuss Andy Murray's chances of winning one of tennis's Slams, as well as examining Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer's respective chances of breaking Pete Sampras's Grand Slam record come the end of their careers.

And of course, there will be a few other blogs on the subjects of the day, the stuff in the news with hopefully an injection of humour along the way. Everyone needs a good laugh after all, don't they? Stay tuned for these future developments.

No comments: