Saturday 18 December 2010

Playlists 47 to 51 - I

These are the latest sets of alphabet influenced playlists that I have listened to on my travels in the past couple of weeks. These last 5 playlists have completed the letter I, which resulted in 123 songs beginning with that letter being played, the most of any letter so far. As ever, each playlist has conjured up a diverse mixture of old and new songs and tracks from mainstream and less household names. Playlist number 48 must ranks among the best to date and was appropriately played on 8 December, the thirtieth anniversary of John Lennon's murder, given that this playlist includes arguably his finest (and certainly most iconic) solo track, as well as one of The Beatles' best ever compositions. Some great tracks by The Cure, Oasis, The Manics, Amy Winehouse and even REM (who I don't usually like) make this one of my personal favourite playlists to date. Refer below to see which of these latest playlists tickles your fancy.


PLAYLIST #47 (Brighton to Croydon train journey)
Garbage - I Think I'm Paranoid
Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line
The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored
Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover
Queen - I Want It All
Embrace - I Want The World
The White Stripes - I Want To Be The Boy
Queen - I Want To Break Free
Kooks - I Want You Back
Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker
Port O'Brien - I Woke Up Today
Sharleen Spiteri - I Wonder
Corinne Bailey Rae - I Would Like To Call It Beauty
Echo & The Bunnymen - The Idolness Of The Gods

PLAYLIST #48 (Croydon to Brighton train journey)
Sharleen Spiteri - If I Can't Have You
Jack Johnson - If I Could
Sheryl Crow - If It Makes You Happy
Kooks - If Only
Snow Patrol - If There's A Rocket Tie Me To It
Matchbox Twenty - If You're Gone
Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
Manic Street Preachers - If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
REM - Imitation Of Life
Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle
The Cure - In Between Days
Texas - In Demand
U2 - In God's Country
Amy Winehouse - In My Bed
The Beatles - In My Life
Moby - In My Heart
John Lennon - Imagine

PLAYLIST #49 (London Victoria to Faversham train journey)
Dodgy - In A Room
Coldplay - In My Place
The Last Shadow Puppets - In My Room
Texas - In Our Lifetime
Alanis Morissette - In Praise Of The Vulnerable Man
The Eagles - In The City
The Coral - In The Forest
Dolores O'Riordan - In The Garden
Razorlight - In The Morning
The Rasmus - In The Shadows
Dirty Vegas - In This Life
Moby - In This World
Sleeper - Inbetweener
Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps
Neill MacColl & Kathryn Williams - Innocent When You Dream
Queen - Innuendo
Texas - Inner Smile

PLAYLIST #50 (Faversham to London Victoria train journey)
Texas - Insane
Moby - Inside
Stiltskin - Inside
John Lennon - Instant Karma
Crowded House - Instinct
Crystal Castles - Intimate
Madonna - Into The Groove
Rebecca Helmer - Intrigued
Feist - Intuition
Muse - Invincible
Morrissey - Irish Blood English Heart
The Thrills - The Irish Keep Gatecrashing
Bob Marley - Iron Lion Zion
Alanis Morissette - Ironic
Sade - Is It A Crime?
Joe Jackson - Is She Really Going Out With Him?
Squeeze - Is That Love?
Weezer - Island In The Sun
The xx - Islands
Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely

PLAYLIST #51 (London Victoria to Brighton train journey)
Queen - It's A Hard Life
AC/DC - It's A Long Way To The Top
James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World
Garbage - It's All Over But The Crying
The Rolling Stones - It's All Over Now
Oasis - It's Gettin' Better (Man!)
Talk Talk - It's My Life
Glasvegas - It's My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry
Klaxons - It's Not Over Yet
Manic Street Preachers - (It's Not War) Just The End Of Love
Simply Red - It's Only Love
Crowded House - It's Only Natural
The Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock N' Roll
James Brown - It's Too Funky In Here
The White Stripes - It's True That We Love One Another
John Legend - It Don't Have To Change
Madness - It Must Be Love
Sharleen Spiteri - It Was You

No comments: